For foreign citizens without BankID: How to become a customer?
If you don't have a Norwegian BankID and want to become a customer, please read this page for more information and contact us below. We will contact you withing 3 business days to guide you further and book a meeting with one of our advisors at your selected Sparebanken Vest office. Total expected onboarding time is 3-6 weeks.
Please note that you must have a Norwegian national identity number or D-number from the Norwegian Tax Administration (Skatteetaten) in order to apply for a customer relationship. See skattetaten.no for more information.
If your stay in Norway exceeds 6 months, you must apply for a Norwegian national identity number.
Please bring the following documentation to your meeting: (all documentation must be in Norwegian, English, Danish or Swedish)
- Passport (not emergency passport), Norwegian immigrant's passport (blue), Norwegian refugee travel document (green). The documents must be original and valid (not expired)
- Copy of confirmation of Norwegian national identity number or D-number from the Norwegian Tax Administration (Skatteetaten)
- Documentation of residence address in Norway, such as lease contract
- Copy of registration certificate for EU/ EEA nationals
- Residence permit for citizens outside the EU/EEA.
- Employment contract/student identity card or other proof of income
- Documentation of introductory program or settlement decision for refugees
- Tax withholding card for employees
- Tax Identification Number (TIN-number) for persons with tax residence outside Norway
- Valid e-mail adress and mobile phone number
In the meeting
In the meeting the advisor will go through the documentation and prepare documents such as international tax reporting form (FATCA/CRS).
All banks are required by law to ask you questions about the origin of your funds.
All banks must have information about their customers and why they use certain banking services. We will therefore ask you to fill out a self assessment form and bring this to the meeting.
Download the self assessment form here.
After the meeting
Sparebanken Vest’s onboarding team will assess your application. If we have any further questions or need additional documentation a member from the onboarding team will contact you. As soon as the application have been processed and approved, we will contact you and you can start using our banking services.